Make a new password on your own using your security questions.
Don't remember them? See how to request a new One-time
Click an option below:
When you first activated your UBITName through the UBITName Manager, you had the opportunity to set up four security questions. If you set them up, answer them now to access your UBITName and change your password to something you will remember.
1. Go to the UBITName Manager, a self-service website (opens in a new window).
2. Enter your UBITName
3. Click Continue
4. Solve the CAPTCHA Security Check
5. Click Continue
6. On the Login Options page, choose the SECOND LINK, which is labeled: Forgot your password? Answer your security questions
7. Answer your security questions. They are NOT case
8. Click Continue
9. On the Home screen, in the Password Manager box, click the Change password link
10. After reading the password requirements, type your new
password in the New password field. You may use one of the randomly
generated "Suggested passwords" from the dropdown box, or create
11. Type your new password again in the Verify password
12. Click the Change Password button
If your new password did not meet the password requirements, you will receive an error message telling you what the problem was.
Note: The Password Strength Meter (which changes colors as you type) only indicates how difficult it would be for a malicious computer program to guess your password. A green bar does not necessarily mean that your choice meets all of the password requirements.
If the answers you entered didn't work, you will need to request
a one-time password from the CIT Help Desk.
If you do not remember the answers to your UBITName Manager security questions, you did not set security questions or need a new one-time password, the CIT Help Desk can help.
Choose from the following 2 options:
If you fax your request, CIT Help Desk staff will contact you at the telephone number you provide, and give you a new, one-time password. You will use this one-time password to repeat the process to Activate Your UBITName.