UB faculty and staff may use UB SharePoint to create an "intranet" for a department, project or service. Only people who have been granted access by the Site Owner will be able to view the site. SharePoint sites are not intended for instructional use.
To request a SharePoint site, fill out the Request Enterprise Infrastructure Services form and provide answers to the following questions:
- Is this SharePoint Site Collection for UB-authenticated people only?
- Will this Site Collection be used in any way for instructional use?
- What school or division does this Site Collection belong in?
- What will the name of the Site Collection be? (Please avoid spaces; use underscores or hyphens instead.)
- How much space do you need for this Site Collection? Most Site Collections start at 500MB. It can always be increased later with an EIS request (subject to approval)
- What UBITName would you like to designate as the Site Collection Administrator? This is the account that will have full control over the Site Collection. You can add more accounts later.
- Will the site contain any PHI or HIPAA data? (Yes/No)
- Will the site contain CUI data governed by NIST 800.171? (Yes/No)
- Will the site contain any other sensitive data? (Yes/No)
Each site's access is managed by a Site Owner, authorized to approve access and permissions. Students may be given access if they are assisting in a staff role.
School-based sites are named in compliance with buffalo.edu naming standards. For example:
Project-based sites are named after the project name you select. For example:
Content Authors add files to their department's SharePoint site using the New Document or Upload Document options. Files may be checked out if someone is making changes to a document.
If you need a website that is visible to the public, UB offers many options: