Get a PIN sent to your non-UB email or cell phone number to quickly reset your password.
Operating System: All
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees and volunteers
Last Updated: November 5, 2018
1. Go to the UBITName Manager, a self-service website (opens in a new window).
2. Enter your UBITName
3. Click Continue
4. Solve the CAPTCHA Security Check
5. Click Continue
6. On the next page, choose I know my password
7. Enter your existing password
8. Click Login
9. On the Home screen, click the View and update profile to add or update your password recovery contact information to be used if you forget your password
10. Do not use Search. Underneath the Search box, click Add or update your non-UB email address and cell phone number
11. After reading the requirements, type your cell phone number in the cell phone number field, including country code, area code and hyphens, for example 1-716-555-XXXX. The U.S. country code is 1
12. After reading the non-UB email address requirements, type your non-UB email address in the non-UB email address field
13. Click Continue
14. On the Request summary screen, click Submit. Your information will be updated instatntly.
15. When you reach the Request status screen and see your request has been submitted, your password recovery information has been updated.
16. To logout, select your UBITName in the top right corner of your screen and click Logout.