Call the Office of Undergraduate Admissions toll-free at 1-888-UB-ADMIT if you are missing any of the items above.
1. Enter your UBITName, making sure all letters are lowercase
2. Click Continue
3. Solve the CAPTCHA Security Check
4. Click Continue
5. Enter your three pieces of UB information*:
*Note: If you accidentally log out or disconnect in the middle of the UBITName activation process, contact the UBIT Help Center to get a new One-Time Password so you can try activating again
6. Click Continue
7. Select Accept the UB Computer and Network Use Policy and click Accept
8. Select Choose a new password
9. After reading the password requirements, type your new password in the New password field
10. Type your new password again in the Confirm field
11. Click Change Password
12. Set your security questions and answers (one you create and three from UB) and click Update
13. When you see the UBITName Manager: Home screen, click View and update profile to add or update your password recovery contact information to be used if you forget your password and enter your non-UB email and cell phone number as instructed.
14. After reading the requirements, type your cell phone number in the cell phone number field, including country code, area code and hyphens, for example 1-716-555-XXXX. The U.S. country code is 1
15. After reading the non-UB email address requirements, type your non-UB email address in the non-UB email address field
16. Click Continue
17. On the Request summary screen, click Submit. Your information will be updated instantly.
18. When you reach the Request status screen and see your request has been submitted, your UBITName is activated! You are now ready to enjoy all the great services UB offers.
19. To logout, select your UBITName in the top right corner of your screen and click Logout.
You can return to the UBITName Manager at any time to change your UBITName password or manage your security questions, non-UB email for password recovery or cell phone number for password recovery.
Trouble logging in?
Make sure you enter your UBITName in all lowercase letters.
Logged out or interrupted?
Contact the UBIT Help Center
Missing your One-Time Password?
Choose one of the following options: