Use Navigate to make appointments with academic advisors, tutors and to connect with resources and support campus-wide. Navigate is customized to your UB experience. When you’re ready, use Navigate to make appointments with staff in the following areas.
Use these instructions to make appointments through the Navigate app or desktop version.
1. From the home page, select the Appointments icon. This will take you to a screen titled “My Appointments” with tabs at the top for your upcoming as well as past appointments. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Schedule an Appointment.” Choose the reason you are scheduling an appointment.
- The options are specific to you. For example, if you are a double major, both majors will display. If your school or college has a tutoring center, you will see that in addition to the university’s central tutoring services.
2. The scheduler will ask you some relevant questions to help you make an appointment with the appropriate office/staff member. Select the option(s) that applies and click “Continue to Next Step.” You can edit these choices after you’ve selected them by selecting the Edit arrow next to each option.
- You will have the ability to enter more information in the Comments section prior to confirming the appointment.
3. The next page will allow you to select a location and staff member with whom you would like to meet.
- If the location you selected allows you to pick a staff member, you can select someone (or more than one) individual from the list. If you pick more than one person, all selections’ appointment availability will display.
- If you do not have a preference, you can bypass the selection list as it will display all open appointment availability for the reason you selected.
- Some advising centers allow you to only make appointments with your assigned advisor. In this case, this box will be grayed out and you will not need to select anything.
- The “Pick a Course” selection will only display if your appointment reason is tied to a course or you need tutoring.
- Within the drop-down menu, you should see your class schedule.
- Pick the course for which you need tutoring and click “Next.”
- If the location you’ve selected doesn’t offer tutoring for a specific course on your schedule, you’ll see it at the bottom of the list with “unavailable” next to it.
4. Select the day and time you would like to meet.
- The availability that displays is based on your class schedule and the staff member’s schedule. Appointments may vary in duration based on the type of appointment (e.g., advising, tutoring, etc.)
- You may need to click on the Next Week arrow at the top right to find additional days/times.
- Click on one of the boxes for "Before Noon" or "After Noon." A list of available times will display. Select the time you want and click “Continue to Next Step.”
5. Confirm your details and review the Additional Details section carefully. In the Comments section, you are required to enter your phone number (with area code) and any information/questions you would like to discuss.
6. Click "Confirm Appointment."
- You as well as your advisor, tutor, or staff member will each receive an appointment notification email at your @buffalo.edu email addresses immediately as well as an appointment reminder 4-6 hours prior to your actual appointment.
7. You can cancel appointments if needed.
- Please be mindful that departments have the ability to determine how far in advance you can cancel appointments. Check with them about their process and review canceling an appointment.