Download the free app by searching for "Navigate Student."
Access to the Navigate mobile app is available once you are enrolled in classes. Review your UB email for instructions on how to schedule an appointment with your advising unit or to review your UB course schedule.
Use Navigate to make appointments with academic advisors, tutors and to connect with resources and support campus-wide. Navigate is customized to your UB experience. When you’re ready, use Navigate to make appointments with staff in the following areas.
To provide students with accurate information and needed assistance, designated university staff and faculty have access to Navigate. Students should use caution when sharing sensitive, personal information, particularly via email.
Navigate offers a variety of ways to schedule appointments with various staff across campus; we outline 3 popular options of scheduling appointments below. Use these instructions to make appointments through the Navigate app or desktop version.
From the home page of EAB Navigate, select the Appointments icon. This will take you to a screen titled "My Appointments," with tabs at the top for your upcoming as well as your past appointments. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Schedule an Appointment".
1. Choose the type of appointment you wish to schedule (e.g. advising, student support, tutoring, etc.). Then, choose the type of appointment you would like, based on the options displayed in the drop-down menu. Disregard the “Other Appointment Options” as we cover how to schedule appointments that way in the next section of these instructions.
2. After selecting the preferred date you’d like to meet, press the “Find Available Time” button.
3. You then may use several optional filters, displayed beneath the date picker calendar, such as selecting a location and staff member with whom you would like to meet from the designated drop-down menus.
4. Select the day and time you would like to meet. The Review Appointment Details page will open.
5. Confirm your selection and review the “Details” section carefully.
6. Click "Schedule."
7. You can cancel appointments if needed.
1. Instead of filling in the drop-down menus as previously explained, you can instead select “Meet With Your Success Team” from the Other Appointment Options area.
2. A list of your assigned success team members appears. These can include assigned academic advisors, supplemental advising services, such as Prehealth advising, assigned peer mentors, etc.
3. Clicking the name of a success team member opens the New Appointment page.
Upon selecting the Success Team member with whom you would like to meet, you may encounter the following message: "Sorry! There are no availabilities supporting the scheduling of Appointments at this time."
If you do, please select "click here" under the Other Appointment Options to take you back to the main scheduling workflow and follow our instructions for option one above.
4. After choosing a service, you are taken to the page with time slot options.
5. Follow the instructions from above (step number 2 and beyond) to successfully schedule an appointment with one of your success team members.
You may be invited to schedule an appointment for a specific reason from a staff member via email, which is known as an appointment campaign.
1. From the email you received, click the “Schedule an Appointment” link, or copy and paste the address into your web browser.
2. Or, from the home page of EAB Navigate, select the button “Schedule This Appointment” from the yellow banner.
3. The scheduling page will appear, with the options from the appointment invitation pre-selected.
4. Selecting a time slot brings you to the Review Details page just as it does when scheduling an appointment as outlined above.
5. Confirm your selection and review the “Details” section carefully. In the Comments section, you are required to enter your phone number (with area code) and any information/questions you would like to discuss.
6. Click Schedule.