Operating System: All
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, alumni, retirees
Last Updated: May 19, 2017
Reporting a phishing attempt will help UB to stop future
attempts and help to keep you safe.
The Information Security Office needs you to forward the
original message with the email header information inserted
at the top to help stop the phishing attempts on UB servers. To
achieve this goal, follow the steps below.
- Follow the appropriate instructions below to first display the
- Gmail: Click the down-arrow in the top-right
corner of the message. Click the Show original link toward
the bottom of the options box. The message will open in a separate
window with the full message headers at the top.
- Microsoft Outlook for Windows: Double-click the message
to open it in a new window. Select the File tab, and then
click Properties. The data is next to Internet
- Outlook Web App (OWA): Double-click the message to open
it. Click the options icon (three dots near the top right),
and then click View Message Details.
- Outlook for Mac OS X: In your Inbox (or other folder),
right-click or control-click the message, and then select
- Thunderbird (Windows, Mac OS X): Click View,
select Headers, and then choose All.
- Mail (Mac OS X): With the message selected, from the
View menu, select Message, and then select either All
Headers or Long Headers.
- Select and copy the header information.
- Return to the email message.
- Click Forward and enter email@example.com into
the To: field.
- Paste the header information (obtained from above) into the top
of the forwarded message.
- Click Send.