Before you can begin connecting devices like gaming consoles, smart TVs and printers to our network, you need to register them with your computer through the UB My Devices Portal.
Operating System: Gaming device, TV, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, wireless printer
Location: ResNet and UB Wi-Fi areas
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Updated: April 14, 2020
Once you register your smart device, it will use the UB Connect network.
3. Click Register a Device.
4. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log In.
5. Enter the following:
8. Click Create Device.
9. Your device can now use the UB Connect network. At this time you can try to connect the device you just registered to the Internet.
You are able to share access to your registered devices, such as a printer or your Apple TV, with others, limiting access by registering their UBITNames to your device registration:
1. In either a UB ResNet or UB Wi-Fi area, using a registered computer, open a Web browser and go to the UB My Devices Portal.
2. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log In.
3. Click Manage and Create Devices.
4. Select a device or player from the list of registered devices and players at the bottom of the screen and click:
I'm having a problem registering my device.
Register your device in the My Devices Portal using your computer (not the device) before you connect your device to the network.