Operating System: Gaming device, TV, Chromecast, Roku,
Apple TV, wireless printer
Location: UB ResNet Boost areas and UB Wi-Fi Boost areas
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Reviewed: August 30, 2016
Chromecast may be able to run, but is not
Devices must be registered to connect to UB's network. The connection will not be encrypted and it requires a UBITName and password or guest account. In UB Wi-Fi Boost and UB ResNet Boost areas, registration is through the UB My Devices Portal.
1. Connect an already-registered computer (NOT the media or
gaming device) to the Internet using:
2. Open your computer's Web browser and go to the UB
My Devices Portal
3. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log
4. Click Manage and Create Devices.
5. Click Create.
6. Click Create again.
7. Enter the following:
8. Clck Create Device. Your smart TV, gaming device or other media device is now registered and can connect to the Internet using the UB Connect network.
You are able to share access to your registered devices, such as
a printer or your Apple TV, with others, limiting access by
registering their UBITNames to your device registration: