Before you can begin connecting devices like gaming consoles, smart TVs and printers to our network, you need to register them with your computer through the UB My Devices Portal.
Operating System: Gaming device, TV, Chromecast, Roku,
Apple TV, wireless printer
Location: ResNet and UB Wi-Fi Boost areas
Applies To: UB students, faculty, staff, researchers
Last Reviewed: August 18, 2017
Once you register your smart device, you will use the UB Connect network.
1. Using your computer, connect to Wi-Fi (eduroam) OR ResNet
2. Open your computer's Web browser and go to the UB
My Devices Portal.
3. Enter your UBITName and password and click Log
4. Click Manage and Create Devices.
5. Click Create.
6. Click Create again.
7. Enter the following:
8. Click Create Device.
9. Your device can now use the UB Connect network.
You are able to share access to your registered devices, such as
a printer or your Apple TV, with others, limiting access by
registering their UBITNames to your device registration: