Access your (powered-on) work computer from home to use its programs and files.
For administrative access to HUB, please use Cisco AnyConnect.
Operating system: Windows 7+ (home computer) to Windows 7+ (work computer)
1. Have your default Duo-enabled device handy approve log in for the last step.
2. On your home computer, open your Remote Desktop Connection client (search for RDP or Remote Desktop Connection) on your Windows computer and click the Show Options icon.
3. Enter computer and user name:
4a. Click on the Local Resources tab and then click the Settings button within the Remote audio section.
4b. Select Record from this computer within the Remote audio recording section.
5. Click on the Advanced tab and then click the Settings button within the Connect from anywhere section.
6. Select Use these RD Gateway server settings and enter the RD Gateway server name: ubremote.buffalo.edu
8. If you previously selected the option to Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote computer, then you'll notice when prompted for your credentials, that it will state that those credentials will be used to log on to both the RD Gateway server and the remote Windows system you want to log onto.
9. Since RD Gateway requires two-factor authentication, you must approve login from your default Duo-enabled device. The Windows screen will not prompt you – Please check your default Duo device.