The Erie County Department of Health has created a hotline for COVID-19 related calls: 716-858-2929
SUMMER/FALL 2020 ROMANELL FELLOWS BLOG
The papers are here.
1: The Ethics of Rationing - Emanuel, Wertheimer and Persad’s paper “Principles for Allocation of Scarce Medical Interventions”. Blog posted here.
2: How To Allocate Scarce Health Resources Without Discriminating Against People With Disabilities by Tyler M. John, Joseph Millum, David Wasserman. Blog posted here.
3: A Defense of Compulsory Vaccination by Jessica Flanigan. Blog posted here.
4: Solidarity and Responsibility in Health Care by Ben Davies and Julian Savulescu. Blog posted here.
5: Equality or Priority? by Derek Parfit. Blog posted here.
6. Social value, clinical equipoise, and research in a public health emergency by A. J. London. Blog posted here.
7. Pre-publication review of work by Christopher Boorse. Blog circulation limited.
8. The relativity of ‘placebos’: defending a modified version of Grünbaum’s definition by Jeremy Howick. Blog posted here.
9. Harm as a Necessary Component of the Concept of Medical Disorder: Reply to Muckler and Taylor by Wakefield and Conrad. Blog posted here.
10. Human Challenge Studies to Accelerate Coronavirus Vaccine Licensure by Marc Lipsitch, Nir Eyal, Peter G Smith. Blog posted here.
11. Institutions, Beliefs and Ethics: Eugenics as a Case Study by Allen Buchanan. Blog posted here.
12. Mind-Brain Dualism and Its Place in Mental Health Care by Eric Matthews. Blog posted here.
13. Savulescu and Foddy: A Liberal Account of Addiction. Blog posted here.