Reaching Others University at Buffalo - The State University of New York
Skip to Content
Official UB news and information for the media

WKBW-TV reports on the role UB is playing in the growing high-tech and medical science communities

Release Date: November 12, 2012

A story on WKBW-TV reports on Buffalo's growing high-tech, medical science and research business communities, and notes that UB is playing a role in the local economic transformation, with plans to move the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences downtown, with the schools of Dental Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, and Public Health and Health Professions to follow. The story interviews Timothy Murphy, director of UB's Clinical and Translational Research Center on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, who noted that 60 percent of the CTRC is already occupied, with the remaining 40 percent expected to be filled in the next two years. The story also reports that UB is building a new Educational Opportunity Center downtown, and that project is expected to be completed in 2013.

Read more:

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/The-Jobs-of-Buffalos-Future-Growing-177199181.html

Media Contact Information

Ellen Goldbaum
Senior Editor, Medicine
Tel: 716-645-4605
goldbaum@buffalo.edu
Twitter: @egoldbaum