BUFFALO, N.Y. – The University at Buffalo will celebrate a
major milestone in the construction of its downtown medical school
building on Tuesday, March 22: The signing and raising of one of
the final steel beams to be placed atop the new home of the Jacobs
School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at UB.
- Michael E. Cain, Vice President for Health Sciences and Dean of
the Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, UB
- Jeremy M. Jacobs, Chairman, Delaware North; Chairman, UB
- Satish K. Tripathi, President, UB
- Byron Brown, Mayor, City of Buffalo
- 10 a.m. – Guests will sign the beam at the corner of
Washington and High streets in downtown Buffalo.
- 10:30 a.m. – Formal program will take place in the
Conventus Building, first floor.
- 11 a.m. – Beam will be raised by crane. If the winds at
the building’s highest point are 35 miles per hour or more,
the beam cannot be raised for safety reasons and it will be raised
at a later time.