Release Date: March 26, 2013
BUFFALO, N.Y. – First Niagara Bank and the University at Buffalo will make an important announcement about the construction of the new UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences on the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus.
When: Wednesday, March 27, at 10 a.m.
Where: UB Clinical and Translational Research Center, 875 Ellicott St., Fifth Floor, above the Gates Vascular Institute.
Why: The announcement demonstrates First Niagara’s support for moving the medical school downtown, which will improve health care for Western New Yorkers and bolster the region’s economy.
Speakers will include:
· UB President Satish K. Tripathi
· Gary M. Crosby, First Niagara interim president and chief executive officer
· Anne B. Curtis, Charles and Mary Bauer professor and chair of the UB Department of Medicine
· Michael E. Cain, vice president for health sciences and dean, UB School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
· Daniel Cantara, senior executive vice president and chief banking officer, First Niagara
Media arrangements: Ellen Goldbaum at 716-645-4605 or 716-771-9255 on-site or John DellaContrada at 716-645-4601 or 716-361-3006 on-site.
Please Note: Construction in the area has closed Ellicott St. between High and Goodrich streets.
As a result, the best route to UB's CTRC is via Main Street to Goodrich to Ellicott. Take a left on Ellicott and turn left into the parking ramp across from the CTRC.