Release Date: February 2, 2011
Because of inclement weather and poor driving conditions, the University at Buffalo has cancelled all day and evening classes and activities scheduled for Wednesday, Feb. 2, 2011.
Essential employees should report to work.
All classes and activities are expected to resume on Thursday, Feb. 3.
UB Stampede buses will continue to run on Feb. 2 according to their regular 24/7 schedule. Shuttles will follow their weekend schedule. The mall/market shuttle will not operate.
The UB men's basketball game versus Toledo scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 2 has been rescheduled for Thursday, Feb. 3 at 2 p.m. in Alumni Arena. Reserved parking will not be in effect if classes are in session.
Regarding other campus services and amenities available on Feb. 2, please note the following:
• Dining halls will retain normal service hours for dinner.
• Ellicott Food Court is open with normal service hours.
• The Student Union is open with normal business hours, 7 a.m. to midnight.
• Tim Horton's is open, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Alumni Arena and recreation services are closed Feb. 2.
• Residence Hall Fitness Centers may be reopened on Feb. 2, pending appropriate staffing. Stop by for hours of operation.
• Capen Hall Undergraduate Library, the Capen Cybrary and Lockwood Library are open.
• Music Library, Law Library, Health Sciences Library and the Lockwood Cybrary are closed.
Visit http://www.emergency.buffalo.edu for updates.