UB’s Social Media Circle is a forum for UB social media practitioners to come together, collaborate, learn and walk away with more social muscle-power. UB’s Social Media Inner Circle serves as a leadership group to help mature UB’s social landscape and strategy.
- Membership: Open to any UB employee who works on official university social media channels. This group currently has 200+ members
- Purpose: Elevating UB units’ social media performance, continuous learning, sharing ideas and best practices
- Meetings: Quarterly
The primary focus of this group is education, staying up to date on important platform changes, trends and best practices.
- Membership: Leadership group of UB social media experts and critical audience managers (invitation only)
- Purpose: Ensuring that UB has the best practices, channels, tools and policies in place to support the success of all social media at the university
The Social Media Inner Circle is focused on:
- Accurately and efficiently representing the UB brand in the social media universe
- Raising the bar on our expertise, educating each other on the latest best practices
- Being a supportive team that shares successes and challenges
- Coordinating and collaborating to increase the effectiveness of our communications, extending UB’s reach by strategically cross-promoting each other’s news and content
- Generating university-wide policies and guidelines related to social media
- Staying informed about what’s happening around UB