Apply for funding to support your mentored projects or conference presentations.
Project funding is available to make undergraduate experiential learning possible, and can be used for materials and supplies needed to accomplish the project goals. Conference funding is available to undergraduate students to present their work at academic and professional conferences.
Individuals and Groups
- Both individual students and groups of students can use the funding applications below.
- Maximum funding amounts for projects and conferences are:
- $500 for individuals
- $750 for groups
If you start a funding application form and need to stop for any reason, you can click "Save and Resume Later" to generate a unique link. You can use that link anytime within 30 days to complete your submission.
Online applications for funding (form and signature page) are due on or before the following dates no later than 4:00 p.m.
- October 6, 2021
- November 3, 2021
- February 16, 2022
- April 6, 2022
1. Confirm your eligibility for funding.
- To be eligible for project and conference funding, you must be an undergraduate student (not have earned your bachelor's degree).
- To be eligible for project funding, you must complete the Preparation Phase of an ELN Digital Badge before submitting your funding application. Only students who have completed the Preparation Phase are eligible for funding.
- If you are part of a group, each member of the group must complete the Preparation Phase of the ELN Digital Badge individually.
- If your project is listed on the Project Portal, follow the "Start the project" instructions on the project listing.
- If your project is NOT listed on the Project Portal, use the button below to begin (project funding only).
- To be eligible for conference funding, you must submit proof that you have been accepted to present at the conference. Your acceptance email will satisfy this requirement.
2. Preview the application form and gather information prior to starting your submission.
3. Review the proposal evaluation criteria.
4. Ensure you submit the appropriate signature form to finalize your application.
- Your funding application will not be complete until you email the appropriate signature form to firstname.lastname@example.org by the funding deadline.
5. Funding Timeline
- After the funding deadline, the ELN staff will review all applications and email you directly with a funding decision. This can take 1-2 weeks, depending on the volume of submissions.
- After funding decisions are announced, the transfer of funds may take several weeks.