Apply for funding to support your project-based learning experiences, conference opportunities and more.
Funding applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Completed application: All necessary sections are included and in order according to application packet. Sections requiring signatures are signed prior to the application deadline.
- Quality of writing: Well-written with very few, if any, errors. Strong evidence of proofreading. (Center for Excellence in Writing is available to support the development of your application.)
- Writing style: Writing style is professional, but comprehensible for audiences outside of the project field.
- Project description: The project description is well-composed, professional, and demonstrates sufficient research and preparation by the student.
- Broader impacts: Broader impacts clearly describe how project will both enhance student learning and bring new information to the field.
- Timeline: Timeline is clear, detailed, and provides reasonable deadlines for accomplishing goals within the project.
- Budget outline: Budget is itemized with links or catalogue numbers for specific items. There is a well-researched explanation of why each individual budget item is necessary to the project.
For each academic term, online applications for funding are due on or before the following dates no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Fall 2019: October 2, 2019
- Winter 2019: November 6, 2019
- Spring 2020: February 19, 2020
- Summer 2020: April 1, 2020
If you start a funding application form and need to stop for any reason, you can click "Save and Resume Later" to generate a unique link. You can use that link anytime within 30 days to complete your submission.