Apply for funding to support your project-based learning experiences, conference opportunities and more.
Funding applications will be evaluated using the following criteria:
- Completed application: All sections have been thoroughly completed on or before the funding deadline.
- Signature page: Completed signature page submitted on or before the funding deadline
- Quality of writing: Well-written with very few, if any, errors. Strong evidence of proofreading. (Center for Excellence in Writing is available to support the development of your application.)
- Project description: The project description is well-composed, professional, and demonstrates sufficient research and preparation by the student.
- Clarity of methods: Methods are described clearly, detailing what the students will be doing over the course of the project and how they will be performing these tasks.
- Broader impacts: Broader impacts clearly describe how project will both enhance student learning and bring new information to the field.
- Overall budget quality: Budget is itemized with links or catalogue numbers for specific items.
- Funding justification: There is a well-researched explanation of why each individual budget item is necessary to complete the project.
Note: Funds must be used to support student projects directly and cannot be used to build out faculty lab or research infrastructure. If you are unsure if a specific budget item is allowable, please contact our office prior to submission for clarification.
For each academic term, online applications for funding are due on or before the following dates no later than 4:00 p.m.
- Fall 2019: October 2, 2019
- Winter 2019: November 6, 2019
- Spring 2020: February 19, 2020
- Summer 2020: April 1, 2020
If you start a funding application form and need to stop for any reason, you can click "Save and Resume Later" to generate a unique link. You can use that link anytime within 30 days to complete your submission.