Operating System: All
Applies To: UB instructors
Last Updated: February 9, 2018
It takes 5 minutes for the classroom projector to become available after pressing Projector On.
The Projector controls are on the bottom of the Crestron touch panel.
1. Press Projector On. A countdown and a Projector Warming Up message will appear.
2. Press Video Mute to prevent the image on your device from being displayed on the large classroom screen. A button will flash to remind you.
3. Bring the large classroom screen(s) down by pressing the controls on the touch panel for Up, Down, or Stop. In smaller classrooms, pull the classroom screen down manually.
4. Press Projector Off when you are finished. A countdown and Projector Cooling Down message will appear.
Classroom lighting is controlled by either the Crestron touch panel or a wall switch located near the Teaching Station.
1. Dim lights using the Crestron touch panel or wall switch.
2. Turn all lighting on when finished.
Larger classrooms have controls on the right-hand side of the Crestron touch panel and may work automatically with the projector settings.
1. Press Projection High or Projection Low for lighting when using the projector.
2. Press All On or All Off to control the classroom lights.
A Work Light provides light on the teaching station for instructors working in low light.
1. The Work Light control is located either on the bottom left-hand side or the middle of the Crestron touch panel.
2. Press Work Light On and Work Light Off.
Please note: In some locations there is a stand-alone work light with its own switch.
Save Your Ears
Devices may also have thier own volume control. Turn volume all the way down and bring it up gradually to the desired level. Some players, YouTube for instance, may also have their own volume control.
1. Press Up Arrow or Down Arrow to raise or lower the volume.
2. Press Mute to silence the sound.
Check your classroom for available microphones. In some classrooms, wireless microphones may be stored in a drawer.
Auto Focus is available in some locations. Press and hold the Auto Focus button located on the Crestron touch panel for a few seconds to allow the projector to synchronize the image.
Make sure the projecter is turned on with light coming out of it. Press the Projector On input if it is off. If the projector is on, press a different input, wait a few seconds and press the desired input.
Check to see if Video Mute button is pressed or flashing. This setting will prevent the image on your device from being displayed on the large classroom screen.
Make sure the microphone is powered on. If necessary, locate spare batteries in the teaching station.
Check the power switch on the computer to make sure the green light is on. If the computer is on, press the space bar a few times to wake it up.