UB educators: join UB Information Technology staff for our Fall 2018 faculty town halls to learn about the latest instructional technology and security standards. We want to hear how you use technology, and how we can better meet your needs.
This session will also be live streamed and recorded, available at buffalo.edu/ubit/townhall
- 2:00 - 2:25 p.m.: Webex demonstration
- Webex is UB’s newest tool for online collaboration between faculty, students and staff. See first-hand how you can use Webex to host online office hours, connect with colleagues off-campus, organize virtual conferences and more.
- 2:25 - 2:40 p.m.: Recording with Panopto Q&A
- Find out how UB educators can use Panopto on their personal devices to capture, edit, caption and share engaging instructional content that students can view, search and annotate from anywhere.
- 2:40 - 3:00 p.m.: UB’s Security Standards
- Research grants increasingly include security requirements for handling digital data. In collaboration with faculty, UB has developed a set of minimum security standards for desktops, laptops, mobile devices and servers. Discover what UB’s new standards entail, and how you can be compliant.
- 3:00 - 4:00 p.m.: Top Hat classroom response demo & discussion with Top Hat’s UB faculty experts:
- Scott Ptak, Department of Geography
- Troy Wood, Department of Chemistry
- Jessica Kruger, Department of Community Health and Behavior
- 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.: Top Hat Roadmap Discussion and Q&A
- Learn about the new features coming to Top Hat, from group assignment capabilities to long-answer. Whether you are new to or experienced with Top Hat, a Top Hat team member will be on site to address all of your questions.
RSVPs are requested, but not required. Please email email@example.com if you plan on attending either faculty town hall.