Life In Buffalo

The Buffalo/Niagara region can become your new home. You may face some challenges in adjusting to your life here so we urge you to tap into available resources. 

Whether you choose to live on-campus or off-campus, we can help you make the right choice.
While at UB you will likely need to open a bank account. Learn more about the documents you will need and the guidelines that banks must follow when opening new accounts.
At UB, it’s easy to get around campus, between campuses, or anywhere you need to go. 
If you want to drive in New York State, be sure you know how to get a driver's license, what insurance you need, and what regulations may apply to you.
Are you looking for tutoring services or opportunities to improve your English skills? If so, programs offered by UB may be helpful.
Child care centers, day care centers and pre-schools are strictly regulated in New York. While there are many day care centers near UB, admission to one may require a waiting period and/or can be very costly.
Learn about health insurance requirements for international students attending a State University of New York campus.
Degree-seeking international students are required to pay the International Student fee every Fall/Spring semester they are enrolled at UB.
The International Student Emergency Fund provides emergency assistance to international students in financial distress.
At UB, we want you to be safe. Be sure to check out UB community safety tips and advice.
Protect yourself by learning about scams that may affect international students.
Students commonly need an apostille to authenticate their academic documents for use in a foreign country. Find out how to get one at UB.
At UB, we are fortunate to have many vibrant International Student Clubs, which are a wonderful resource for new students.
Get the information you need quickly and easily with these useful links.