Visiting International Students

If you currently attend a U.S. college or university on an F1 student visa, you may be eligible to take non-degree classes at the University at Buffalo.

Hayes Hall in the wintertime.

Follow these steps to enroll.

  1. Complete the UB non-degree application form for winter.
  2. Have your current school complete the Eligibility Confirmation Form for Concurrent Enrollment (PDF).
  3. International non-degree seeking students currently not in the U.S. planning to take an exclusively online UB course should complete the non-degree winter application for international students living outside the U.S.
  4. International undergraduate students interested in applying for admission to an undergraduate degree program should apply through the International Admissions Office.
  5. International graduate students interested in applying for admission to a graduate program should apply directly to the graduate or professional program that they are interested in.

*Please note that since winter session courses are primarily offered remotely, non-degree seeking international students who are interested in these courses do not need an F1 visa to apply.

Generally, non-degree seeking study is not allowed for international students unless they are currently in the U.S. and holding a temporary non-immigrant visa that permits non-degree seeking study. Such non-U.S. citizens/ non-permanent residents desiring to study in non-degree seeking status MUST follow the process for Non-Degree Study. Additional criteria may be required for international students.

If you do not hold an F1 visa, please contact the International Undergraduate Admissions Office prior to submitting any application forms.