Visiting Domestic Students

If you are a student currently attending another college or university, you may enroll in winter session classes as an undergraduate non-matriculating student. 

Student walking with UB umbrella.

Check with your home campus academic advisor about the applicability of the winter courses you select for your degree program. Undergraduate students may also seek assistance with an advisor from UB’s Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center.

If you are a graduate student, you must first check with the appropriate Graduate Academic Program to determine eligibility.

Follow these steps to enroll.

  1. Find the course(s) you plan to take in the winter class schedule on the classes page.
  2. Undergraduate: Complete the non-degree seeking application form for enrollment in undergraduate courses.
  3. Graduate: Search for your graduate program of interest on The Graduate School website. For information and application instructions regarding attending UB as a non-matriculated student, please use the contact information provided in the program listing.
  4. Obtain and activate your UBITName.
    • Once your undergraduate/graduate form has been approved and processed, you will receive an email with your temporary, single-use password. Log back into your application to find your UBITName.
    • *Note: If you have previously applied to or attended UB, you will use your existing username and password to complete the appropriate non-degree seeking form listed above. Forget your password?
    • Activate your UBITName to access UB’s online services.
  5. Complete any To-Do items on your account. Simply log into MyUB, select HUB Student Center and then click on the To-Do tile. Review and complete the items on this list.
  6. When you have completed your To-Do items, click the Manage Classes tile in HUB Student Center and select class search. From there, select the Winter term and follow the steps to add courses to your shopping cart and enroll. 
Non-Degree Academic Policies

Students interested in taking non-degree undergraduate courses at UB must have a high school diploma or GED certificate prior to enrolling. The maximum number of credits a non-degree seeking student can take during the winter session is five credits. For additional non-degree academic policies, please refer to the Office of the Registrar website.