Articles and Book Chapters
- “A Vocation/Avocation.” Pedagogy: Critical Approaches to Teaching Literature, Language, Composition, and Culture 15.1 (Dec. 2014): 169-172.
- “From the Locked Room to the Globe: Space in Crime Fiction,” Cross-Cultural Connections in Crime Fictions. Ed Vivien Miller and Helen Oakley. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2012. 7-23.
- “The Saw franchise and the representation of terror in post-9/11 American film.” Australasian Journal of Popular Culture, 1.3 (Nov. 2011): 341-348.
- "The Unusual Suspects: Celebrity, Conspiracy, and Objective Violence in Glamorama." Bret Easton Ellis: American Psycho, Glamorama and Lunar Park. Ed. Naomi Mandel. London: Continuum, 2011. 69-83.
- "The Nonfiction Novel." The Cambridge History of the American Novel. Ed. Leonard Cassuto, Claire Eby and Benjamin Reiss. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2011. 986-1001.
- "The Devil You Know: Dexter and the 'Goodness' of American Serial Killing." Dexter: Investigating Cutting Edge Television. Ed Douglas Howard. London: I.B. Tauris, 2010. 132-142, 253-4.