Summer and Winter Study

The University at Buffalo offers many opportunities for credit-bearing study during the summer and winter terms for UB students and non-UB students.

Apply for Summer or Winter Study

Complete the Undergraduate International Student Application Form for Non-Degree Summer/Winter Study if you are:

  • An international student living outside the U.S. who wants to come to the U.S. to study at UB only for the summer or winter terms, but not necessarily complete a degree; or
  • A non-U.S. citizen in the U.S. holding a visa other than F-1 and B-1/2 who wants to study at UB only for the summer or winter terms, and the study would be incidental to the purpose of your current visa.

These application forms provide our office with all the information we need to complete your UB admission and issue your immigration documents (if needed) for your non-degree study at UB.

Concurrent Enrollment

For students already studying in the U.S., summer and winter study may allow you to take required or elective courses toward your graduation. You can also benefit from spending time in a new part of the United States to enrich your educational experience. 

If you are currently enrolled in another U.S. college or university and are interested in coming to UB for the summer or winter session, you may qualify for concurrent enrollment.