Updating your Contact Information

The U.S. Department of State requires that all J-1 Scholars notify their U.S. sponsors if any of the following changes occur during their program activities.

·          Change of U.S. Address

·          Change of phone number

·          Change/addition of e-mail address

·          Addition of UB card and person number

You can update your information by either calling 645-2355 or send an e-mail to immsvcga@buffalo.edu. Any changes must be submitted to UBIS within 10 days of the change taking effect.



The information contained on this web page is provided as a service to the international faculty, researchers, staff, employees and administrators of University at Buffalo, and does not constitute legal advice on any immigration, tax, or other matter. We try to provide useful information, but we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site or any associated site. As legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent counsel. Neither the University at Buffalo nor the Office of UB Immigration Services is responsible for any errors or omissions contained on this web page, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.


Email: immsvcga@buffalo.edu        Tel. Number: (716) 645-2355