The Office of International Education provides scholarships to help UB students participate in a University at Buffalo or SUNY study abroad program. Based on available funds, a limited number of partial scholarships are awarded on a competitive basis to assist students with the costs of study abroad for an academic year, semester, summer, or winter program.
Preference will be given to:
- First-time study abroad participants
- Students with documented financial need (as confirmed by UB Financial Aid Office)
- Students maintaining a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Students who have selected a study abroad program relevant to their current academic program
- Students who will return to UB for at least one semester following their study abroad program
- Applications will be reviewed by the UB Study Abroad Scholarship Committee.
- The award decisions of the committee are final and not subject to appeal.
- Awards will be applied directly to the recipient’s UB student account.
- Scholarship recipients are asked to help UB Study Abroad in promotional activities upon return.
- Recipients of any Office of International Education scholarship will not be considered for future awards.
Scholarships will be awarded using the following scale:
- Academic Year: $4,000
- One Semester: $2,000
- Summer/Winter: $1,000
Powered by AcademicWorks, you will see a searchable database that streamlines hundreds of scholarships, matches you with best-fit opportunities and recommends opportunities based on your profile.
- Log in to www.buffalo.academicworks.com using your UBIT name and password.
- Fill out the general application and the study abroad conditional application
- You may need to search for the scholarship by name
Completed applications are due by April 1 for summer, fall, or academic year programs and November 1 for winter or spring programs abroad.