Open to UB students from diverse backgrounds (including first generation college students, economically disadvantaged students, racial and ethnic minority students, etc.). This is a scholarship to support student diversity in Study Abroad. Applicants should address how they define themselves as diverse in their application.
Preference will be given to:
- Students from diverse backgrounds (first generation college students, economically disadvantaged students, racial and ethnic minority students, etc.)
- Students generally not represented in study abroad (males, STEM students, etc.)
- First-time study abroad participants
- Students with documented financial need (as confirmed by UB Financial Aid Office)
- Students maintaining a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Students who have selected a study abroad program relevant to their current academic program
- Students who will return to UB for at least one semester following their study abroad program
Powered by AcademicWorks, you will see a searchable database that streamlines hundreds of scholarships, matches you with best-fit opportunities and recommends opportunities based on your profile.
- Log in to www.buffalo.academicworks.com using your UBIT name and password.
- Fill out the general application and the study abroad conditional application
- You may need to search for the scholarship by name
Applications are due by April 1 for summer, fall, or academic year programs and November 1 for winter or spring programs abroad.