The InPhotonics InPhototeTM Portable Raman Spectrometer is useful for rapid identification of chemicals or organic compounds, whether in the field or in the laboratory. It is a high-quality Raman spectroscopy system in a rugged, portable package, equipped with a database of forensic materials. Most samples can be measured through packaging materials (i.e. glass and plastic). It is capable of identifying chemicals regardless of form (e.g. solids, liquids, slurries). Wet samples or water-based solutions do not pose additional identification difficulties.
• Measurements can be made without extensive sample preparation
• Standard hand-held probe enables measurement of solids and liquids through packaging materials, avoiding direct contact with potentially harmful substances
• Analysis is completely nondestructive
• Excitation Source: Stabilized 785 nm diode laser with 0.1 nm line width, 300 mW output.
• Detector: Vacuum-sealed, TE-cooled CCD array, 1024 x 128 pixels, operating at 45° below ambient (-25°C at 20°C ambient temperature)
Usage Fee: Category B Rates
$25/hour (academic), $100/hour (industry)