For our upcoming events, please see our Spring Mailer
The Gender Institute dissertation fellowship supports students engaged in dissertation research related to women, gender, and/or sexuality.
Deadline: Monday, April 19, 2021
The applicant must:
* be registered as a UB PhD student
* be engaged in dissertation research related to women, gender, and/or sexuality
* have passed her/his comprehensive examinations
* plan to work full-time on researching and writing the dissertation
* be available to participate in a monthly works-in-progress workshop at UB
* if selected, present a portion of her/his dissertation at a Gender Institute event in 2021-22
For more information or to apply, go to http://www.buffalo.edu/genderin/opportunities/studentinformation/studentdissfellowships.html
We have had such an overwhelming response to our recent speaker, Barbara Smith, as part of the 2021 Lecture Series.
An Evening of Conversation with Barbara Smith and Lillian S. Williams on March 10, 2021
The event was presented as part of the Africana and American Studies' Endowed African American Studies Lecture and the Michigan Street African American Heritage Corridor's Spring Speaker Series.
If any would like to view the recording of the event, you may find it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_sfgFJlmE
The outbreak of the Coronavirus strain, COVID-19, has had differential effects on people based on race, class, and gender.
To explore these issues, the Gender Institute has compiled this Reading list.
This document is constantly updating and we welcome suggestions. To contribute to this list, please send links to Graduate Assistant Hilary Vandenbark for inclusion.