Visiting International Students

If you currently attend a U.S. college or university on an F1 student visa, you may be eligible to take non-degree classes at the University at Buffalo.

A student smiling at the camera.

Follow these steps to enroll.

  1. Complete the UB non-degree application form for summer.
  2. Have your current school complete the Eligibility Confirmation Form for Concurrent Enrollment (PDF).


Generally, non-degree seeking study is not allowed for international students unless they are currently in the U.S. and holding a temporary non-immigrant visa that permits non-degree seeking study. Such non-U.S. citizens/ non-permanent residents desiring to study in non-degree seeking status MUST follow the process for Non-Degree Study. Additional criteria may be required for international students.

If you do not hold an F1 visa, please contact the International Undergraduate Admissions Office prior to submitting any application forms.