Visiting Domestic Students

If you are a student currently attending another college or university, you may enroll in summer session classes as an undergraduate non-matriculating student. 

A student working in a lab talking to another student on a computer.

Check with your home campus academic advisor about the applicability of the summer courses you select for your degree program. Undergraduate students may also seek assistance with an advisor from UB’s Exploratory and Pre-Professional Advising Center.

If you are a graduate student, you must first check with the appropriate Graduate Academic Program to determine eligibility.

Follow these steps to enroll.

  1. Find the course(s) you plan to take in the summer class schedule on the classes page.
  2. Complete the undergraduate or graduate non-degree seeking form prior to enrollment.
  3. Provide your immunization information to UB if you will be enrolling for 6 or more credits in the summer semester.
    • New York State law requires that students supply information about immunizations prior to enrolling in classes if they are enrolling for six (6) or more credits in their first term. We encourage you to submit your immunization information early to Student Health Services! You will not be able to enroll until your immunization information has been processed.
    • Request an immunization waiver of the measles, mumps, rubella immunization requirement for one semester if you are a new non-degree student taking fewer than six credit hours.
  4. Obtain and activate your UBITName.
    • Once your undergraduate/graduate form has been approved and processed, you will receive an email with your temporary, single-use password. Log back into your application to find your UBITName.
    • *Note: If you have previously applied to or attended UB, you will use your existing username and password to complete the appropriate non-degree seeking form listed above. Forget your password?
    • Activate your UBITName to access UB’s online services.
  5. Register for classes.
    • Simply log into MyUB, select “HUB Student Center” and then select “Enroll.” Follow the steps to add courses to your shopping cart and register.
    • If the course you are planning to register for has pre-requisites, you must contact the department and provide proof of completion of the prerequisite course(s) in order to register for that course. Only the department can approve your registration for the course.
Non-Degree Academic Policies

Students interested in taking non-degree undergraduate courses at UB must have a high school diploma or GED certificate prior to enrolling. The maximum number of credits a non-degree seeking student can take during the summer session is 14 credits. For additional non-degree academic policies, please refer to the Office of the Registrar website.

High School Students

Exceptional high school students looking to get a head start and earn college credits while completing their high school requirements may be eligible for UB’s Advanced College Credit Program.