A user account:
* is free to set up
* allows you to submit abstracts without becoming a
member or registering.
* is required to propose sessions for the next convention and to apply for fellowships and awards
* lasts from December 1 to November 30.
* is NOT required to submit an abstract
* is NOT transferrable to MLA or other regionals
* can be purchased separately or together with registration by clicking "Registration and Membership" in your user account
* includes a free subscription to our peer-review journal Modern Language Studies
* For rates, go here
* is required to participate in our Annual Convention
* Deadline: December 9, 2017 by 11:59 PM Easter.
$25 late fee, and $50 after January 5, 2018.
* Auditor registration begins in January. Please note that graduate students registered within a 25-mile radius of the convention OR non-academic guests of registered participants, not attending receptions, can audit for free.
* The Foreign Mailing Fee of $16 is expected to be paid by those
living outside the United States.
* For info about travel awards, go to http://www.buffalo.edu/nemla/awards/travel.html
* For reduced hotel and airline rates for our members, go here: http://www.buffalo.edu/nemla/convention/travel.html
* The Graduate Caucus hosts a “room share” board here.
While we understand that multiple areas may be relevant to your session's topic, we limit chairs to only a Primary Area and a Secondary Area for practical reasons.
We also understand that session topics may relate to multiple national and continental literatures and langauges. We recommend choosing areas such as Comparative Language and Literature and World Literatures where applicable.
You can change the format to accommodate more than 4 presenters.
A seminar is paper-based and allows up to 10
participants. A roundtable is not paper-based, is
conversation-based between participants and the audience, and has a
maximum of 8 participants.
You can request a second session by clicking on the button at the bottom of your "manage" page. These requests are not guaranteed as second sessions depend on space availability.
As early as May at https://www.cfplist.com/nemla/Home/CFP.
No, you have to identify yourself which of the more than 400 approved sessions (including panels, seminars, roundtables, creative sessions, workshops) to which you want to submit your abstract. You may submit several abstracts.
Yes. Please confirm with your session chair.
* Needs to be requested when submitting an abstract
* NeMLA provides a projector, a VGA cable, a screen, and
computer speakers with audio jack cable. Please consult with your
session’s chair for any technology requests, and they will
contact NeMLA to follow-up.
* NeMLA does not provide any device (laptop, tablet, etc) to connect to the projector or audio jack speakers. Please bring your own VGA adapters (including Apple product adapters), slideshow advance clickers, laser pointers, or other materials.
To retrieve your username, please email email@example.com.
To retrieve your password, please login with your username and select the “Forgot my Password” option and check junk mail if you don't get an email shortly.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.