With the generous support of UB Alumni, the English department is able to extend the educational experiences of our students in ways that a have lifelong impact.
English Department Resource Fund Donation Form
Your donations enable a variety of important services to undergraduate and graduate students including:
- Department writing prizes, such as the Joyce Carol Oats Prize for Fiction, the Class of 1972 Senior Thesis Prize, and the Scribblers Prize for the best piece of creative writing by an undergraduate woman
- Graduate student teaching awards and travel grants for archival research, such as the riverrun Fellowships
- Student community: the undergraduate writing journal, NAME, and the English Student Club are funded by support from alum donations
- Travel funds for graduate students to attend conferences and job interviews
- The Exhibit X and Poetics Plus reading series: endowments and ongoing donations enable students from undergraduates to PhD candidates to interact with the most exciting writers active today
- Juxtapositions Lecture Series enables us to bring four top scholars to campus every year to speak to students and faculty about their research
We sincerely thank you for enabling us to provide current UB English students such unique opportunities for intellectual and professional growth.