Requirements Before Applying
- Students should be in good standing (have an overall UB GPA of 2.0), and have earned a C or better in COM 101.
- Application includes a conference with the undergraduate advisor, Azita Safaie, about the program’s requirements and how the student may meet them.
Department Requirements for Completion of the Minor
- Two courses (6 credits) of communication consisting of COM 101 and one other COM course at the 200 level, with a minimum GPA of 2.0 averaged across the two courses.
- Four courses (3 credits each) in COM at the 300 or 400 level.
- 18 total credit hours.
- An overall 2.5 GPA in the minor.
- Students must declare the minor at the beginning, or before, their senior year (as they have to complete six courses).
List of Courses/Required Courses
- COM 101 Principles of Communication.
- One additional course (3 credits) at the 200 level, with a grade of C or better.
- Any COM 200-499 course, except COM 495 (Undergraduate Teaching Assistant).
- Students may apply no more than two transfer courses (3 credit hours each) to the minor.
- No more than two pass-fail courses can be counted toward the minor.
Applications are accepted and reviewed on an ongoing basis.