Downtown Buffalo Medical Campus
The Medication Management Research Network (MMRN) works with healthcare organizations to use technology to improve adherence and tracking to benefit patient safety.
The MMRN was developed by the Translational Pharmacology Research Core in the New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences (CBLS) and the UB School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SPPS) to establish a biomedical informatics infrastructure that conducts medication management research in areas that include health information and health care technology innovation.
The MMRN was approved as a component of the Health & Wellness Across the Lifespan (HWAL) strategic strength in the UB 2020 Initiative.
The MMRN has contributed to the growing Biomedical Informatics programs at the NYS Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences and the newly established UB Institute for Healthcare Informatics.
The mission of this strategic strength is to develop an interacting matrix of research, teaching and service activities involving basic and clinical biomedical sciences, social science, nursing, public health, education, epidemiology, law, communication, information and engineering technology, architecture, economics, and perhaps other academic disciplines that can improve health, independence and quality of life in individuals and the WNY population throughout the life span.
- AIDS Clinical Trials Group Drug Interactions Database
- Characterizing the Relationship between Amount of Cigarette Smoking and Adherence and Viral Load Control in HIV+ Patients
- Medication Management Research
- Pharmaceutical Safety Initative (PSI)
- Establishing a Health Information Technology Network for HIV and TB Medication Management Research
- A Pilot Prospective Study to Develop and Evaluate an Antiretroviral Drug Adherence, and Medication Complexity Index for HIV/AIDS Clinical Management and Research