Programs Administered by SUNY

These are study abroad programs that are administered by another SUNY campus. UB students who participate on another SUNY program abroad apply for the study abroad program through the sponsoring (other) SUNY campus. Once accepted by the other SUNY campus, UB students need to notify the Office of Study Abroad Programs at UB of their acceptance by completing the Other SUNY Study Abroad Program application online. UB students on other SUNY programs will be registered for their study abroad program at UB, pay regular UB tuition to UB, but pay any program fees to the SUNY administering campus. For these program, students can apply their financial aid package to their student account at UB. Students are registered in an OPR placeholder course while they are abroad and then coursework from abroad comes back (via the SUNY supplemental transcript) as transfer credit. Grades from abroad show as pass/fail grades and are not factored into the UB cumulative GPA. These grades will show in the transfer GPA and on the SUNY supplemental transcript (which becomes part of the student’s official grade record at UB). Students can request coursework from abroad to articulate (count for) major, minor and general education/UBC credit with departmental approval.

Please find links to Other SUNY programs and existing course articulations (where available) listed below.

Please note that the course articulation lists are continually growing. If you would like additional study abroad courses reviewed for UB major & minor equivalents and/or Global Pathway requirement(s), you may have additional courses reviewed using our Study Abroad Course Planning Form. Please contact UB Study Abroad Programs at 201 Talbert Hall,, or (716) 645-3912 for more information.