Programs Administered by SUNY

Landscape of Rainbow Mountain in Peru.

These are study abroad programs that are administered by another SUNY campus. UB students who participate on another SUNY program abroad apply for the study abroad program through the sponsoring (other) SUNY campus.

If you will be applying to an Other SUNY study abroad program, you must notify our office by completing the application linked above. Please note that this application is in addition to the application you would complete through the administering SUNY campus.

Registration & Grading

Students are registered in an OPR placeholder course while they are abroad and then coursework from abroad comes back (via the SUNY supplemental transcript) as transfer credit. Grades from abroad show as pass/fail grades and are not factored into the UB GPA. Click here to view UB's Grading Policy for UB Students on SUNY Sponsored Programs. Students can request coursework from abroad to articulate (count for) major, minor and general education/UBC credit with departmental approval.


UB students participating in an Other SUNY program, will be billed for UB Tuition and UB Comprehensive and Academic Excellence Fees at UB, following UB’s Billing Dates. Estimated UB Comprehensive and Academic Excellence Fees include the following: Academic Excellence Fee, Career Services Fee, College Fee, Technology Fee, and Transcript Fee. Matriculated international students will also pay the International Student Fee.

Students are also billed by the Other SUNY sponsoring campus for study abroad program-specific costs. For example, this might include study abroad program/administrative fees, international health insurance, etc. These costs are referenced in the budget sheet found on the administering SUNY campus’ website.

Please find links to Other SUNY programs and existing course articulations (where available) listed below.

Please note that the course articulation lists are continually growing. If you would like additional study abroad courses reviewed for UB major & minor equivalents and/or Global Pathway requirement(s), you may have additional courses reviewed by submitting your requests through TARS.