The mission of the Buffalo CTRC is to "serve as an integrated
academic home for outstanding clinical and translational science
and as the hub of the Buffalo Translational Consortium, providing
innovative research tools, support, training, resources and
coordination." To do so, it operates under the following
- Creating a collaborative research environment to reduce
barriers between disciplines and between institutions to facilitate
exceptional clinical and translational research that maximizes use
of resources and reduces redundancy.
- Promoting the effective use, re-use, sharing and dissemination
of data while ensuring data security and conformity to best
practices of information-driven research.
- Training the next generation of creative clinical and
translational researchers through innovative training programs that
attract the most talented trainees through integrating and
expanding existing multidisciplinary programs.
- Strengthening community-based clinical and translational
research to improve health regionally and nationally.
- Contributing to the national CTSA consortium through active
collaboration, conducting innovative research, developing novel
methods and providing leadership to this national structure.
- Fostering the highest standards of ethics, integrity,
professionalism and humanism.
To learn more about the Buffalo Clinical and Translational
Research Center, please visit their website.