11:00am — 1:30pm
9 Norton Hall, North Campus
New faculty and principal investigators who are interested in
seeking funding from private foundations.
From initial contact to getting funded, following
field-tested best practices will increase your chances of getting
- Identifying foundation funding for your project.
- Working with CFR to develop a competitive proposal: key
components of a foundation proposal; who should sign the request;
how should the proposal be packaged.
- Developing your budget and submitting your proposal through
- Insight from a UB faculty member successful in securing
- Cathy Carfagna, Senior Proposal Writer, Office of
Corporate and Foundation Relations
- Kristina Wasson-Blader, PhD, ELS, Technical Editor,
Office of Research Advancement
- Valerie Frerichs, PhD, Associate Lab Director, General
- Sponsored Projects Services Proposal Specialist
Space is limited to 30 participants. Registration is Free
but required. Registration opens September 15, 2014.