Extensive interior and exterior renovations give the School of Public Health and Health Professions a modern, consolidated home base.
Occupants of Stockton Kimball Tower are the beneficiaries of an
array of coordinated renovation projects that have modernized the
former dormitory, originally completed in 1957. With the relocation
of the School of Nursing to Wende Hall, the $9 million effort has
made possible the consolidation of the School of Public Health and
Health Professions. Once scattered among seven different buildings,
all but the school’s clinical programs are now together in
Kimball. Projects included restoration of the building exterior,
new fire alarms, asbestos abatement, new sewer infrastructure, a
new roof and air conditioning. Other projects have provided new
office space, classrooms and “learning landscape”
features. A portion of the building also has been created as the
new home for UB Development (fundraising) staff. The consolidation
of the school in Kimball has emptied Diefendorf Annex, making way
for removal of that “temporary” structure.