The $7.1 million renovation of historic Wende Hall, built in 1885, has transformed it into a user-friendly, energy-efficient and dynamic setting for 21st century nursing education.
The School of Nursing moved into new quarters in Wende Hall in
summer 2009 following a $7.5 million renovation of the
76,000-square-foot structure. The project provided a renovated
lecture hall, two state-of-the art classrooms, a research center
and specialized laboratories to accommodate a growing student
population. The building also has new utility infrastructure,
including new ventilation, hot water heat and air conditioning.
Wende Hall, built in 1885, was one of the buildings already
standing on the South Campus when the University of Buffalo bought
the property in the early 1900s. Once home to the physics
department, it was previously known as Hochstetter Hall.