The mission of the Buffalo CTRC is to "serve as an integrated academic home for outstanding clinical and translational science and as the hub of the Buffalo Translational Consortium, providing innovative research tools, support, training, resources and coordination." To do so, it operates under the following goals:
- Creating a collaborative research environment to reduce barriers between disciplines and between institutions to facilitate exceptional clinical and translational research that maximizes use of resources and reduces redundancy.
- Promoting the effective use, re-use, sharing and dissemination of data while ensuring data security and conformity to best practices of information-driven research.
- Training the next generation of creative clinical and translational researchers through innovative training programs that attract the most talented trainees through integrating and expanding existing multidisciplinary programs.
- Strengthening community-based clinical and translational research to improve health regionally and nationally.
- Contributing to the national CTSA consortium through active collaboration, conducting innovative research, developing novel methods and providing leadership to this national structure.
- Fostering the highest standards of ethics, integrity, professionalism and humanism.
To learn more about the Buffalo Clinical and Translational Research Center, please visit their website.