Extensive interior and exterior renovations give the School of Public Health and Health Professions a modern, consolidated home base.
Occupants of Stockton Kimball Tower are the beneficiaries of an array of coordinated renovation projects that have modernized the former dormitory, originally completed in 1957. With the relocation of the School of Nursing to Wende Hall, the $9 million effort has made possible the consolidation of the School of Public Health and Health Professions. Once scattered among seven different buildings, all but the school’s clinical programs are now together in Kimball. Projects included restoration of the building exterior, new fire alarms, asbestos abatement, new sewer infrastructure, a new roof and air conditioning. Other projects have provided new office space, classrooms and “learning landscape” features. A portion of the building also has been created as the new home for UB Development (fundraising) staff. The consolidation of the school in Kimball has emptied Diefendorf Annex, making way for removal of that “temporary” structure.