Special Journal Editor
- 2010. Critical Engagements with Cultural Intimacy. Anthropological Quarterly, guest editor. Spring 2010, Volume 83, no 2.
Articles and Book Chapters
- 2019 (forthcoming in summer) “The Rhetoric of War and the Reshaping of Civil Society in the Republic of Macedonia.” Slavic Review (critical discussion forum on “New War Frontiers”)
- 2019 (forthcoming) “Sport and Nationalism in the Republic of Macedonia.” Focaal – Journal of Global and Historical Anthropology.
- 2019. “War Criminals, National Heroes, and Transitional Justice in Post-conflict Macedonia.” In Everyday Life in the Balkans, David Montgomery, ed., pp. 220-29. Indiana: Indiana University Press.
- 2016. On the ISIL Attacks in Western Europe and Elsewhere. Anthropology Today 32 (3): 1-2.
- 2013. Identity Politics (invited entry, subject to peer review) for Oxford Bibliographies: Anthropology. Oxford University Press.2012. Going Home to Pakistan: Identity and Its Discontents in Southeastern Europe. Identities: Global Studies in Culture and Power 18 (4): 291-316.
- 2010. Post-socialism, Social Value, and Identity Politics among Albanians in Macedonia. Slavic Review 69(4): 882-902. Special issue, Rethinking Crossroads: Macedonia in Global Context. Keith Brown, Victor Friedman, and Susan Woodward, eds.
- 2010. Cultural Intimacy and Subversive Disorder: The Politics of Romance in the Republic of Macedonia. Anthropological Quarterly 83 (2): 279-315.
- 2009. Bulgarian Passports, Macedonian Identity: The Invention of EU Citizenship in the Republic of Macedonia. Anthropology Today 25 (4): 19-22.
- 2009. Re-thinking “Make do”: Action “from the side” and the Politics of Segmentation in the Republic of Macedonia. American Ethnologist 36 (1): 137-48.
- 2008. ‘The Balkans’ Other within': Imaginings of the West in the Republic of Macedonia. History and Anthropology 19 (1): 17-36.
- 2008. The Muslim, the Jew, and the African American: America and the Production of Alterity in the film “Borat.” Anthropology Today 24 (4): 13-17.
- 2004. Beyond Stereotypes: Violence and the Porousness of Ethnic Boundaries in the Republic of Macedonia. History and Anthropology 15 (1): 47-67.