The Office for Faculty Affairs oversees the nomination of SUNY Distinguished Professors, the highest rank in the SUNY System.
The distinction of SUNY Distinguished Professor is attained through extraordinary contributions to, and impact on, the candidate’s field of study, often evidenced by significant research and/or creative activity. The work must be of such character that it has the potential to elevate the standards of scholarship or creative activity of colleagues, both within and beyond their academic fields.
Each Fall, the UB community celebrates the achievements of our faculty and staff in the areas of research, teaching, and service. The Celebration of Faculty and Staff Excellence event includes a welcome by President Satish K. Tripathi, remarks by Provost A. Scott Weber, and an on-stage presentation recognizing awardees in the following categories:
· External awards designated as “prestigious” and “highly prestigious” by the National Research Council
· SUNY Distinguished Professor
· SUNY Chancellor’s Awards for Excellence
· UB Distinguished Professor
· 50 and 60 years of service