The EOP department is in the process of hiring Academic Tutor's for the upcoming Summer, Fall and Spring semesters. Applicants who select to tutor during the summer will participate as a part of the EOP Summer Bridge Program .
The Summer Tutor position is responsible for providing tutoring support in the areas of Math or Sociology. EOP Summer Bridge Tutors provide academic support and create an open atmosphere of learning for all EOP students. Tutors will serve as a resource and role model to EOP students while providing academic assistance over the course of 5 weeks. The first three weeks will be in-person, tutors will be required to be on campus during this time. The last two weeks will be virtual. The summer program will take place in July 3-August 6 2022.
Fall and Spring Applications are accepted until positions are filled.
Summer Applications will be due by May 13, 2022.
· Serve as In-class Teaching Assistant
· Provide individual or small group tutoring to students
· Assist with assessing the academic needs of students and develop educational plans for improvement
· Maintain documentation on student progress and success
· Communicate student progress to EOP counselors and staff
· Sufficient knowledge and background in calculus, intermediate algebra, and trigonometry
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Ability to cooperate with students, colleagues, and staff
· Able to work in-person on campus during the program duration
· Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
· At least sophomore standing or higher
· Have earned an A- or better in the following course(s): MTH141, ULC147, ULC148, SOC211
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact the EOP Office at 716-645-3072.
Please complete the form below and follow all instructions.