A nice feature of Blackboard is that it allows you to embed
files from other sources including UBbox. By embedding documents
from UBbox into your UBlearnscourse you are able to update
documents in real time without having to delete or upload
In order to embed a file into UBlearns the first thing
you will need to do is setup sharing of the file in UBbox.
- Login to your UBbox account and locate the file you want to
- Click on the “Share” link next to the file
you intend to embed.
- Confirm the Access Type is set to "People with the
- Next click on the gear icon on the right side of the shared
link box. This link will take you to advanced settings.
Here you can customize the document’s url, require a
password for the document, determine an expiration date for the
document’s availability, and even decide whether or not
people who have access to the document can download the
- Once you have adjusted any settings in the advanced settings
section, click 'Save' then 'Close'
In order to embed the document into your UBlearns
course you will need to get the embed code for the
- Select the 3 dots icon next to the document to be embedded and
select 'More Actions > Embed Widget'
- Select 'Copy' next to Embed Code URL then close the
Embed Widget window.
Enbed document in UBlearns.
- Sign in to your UBlearns course
- Navigate to content area to contain embedded document. The
content editor appears throughout the system in areas such as
content areas, learning modules, folders, items, announcements, and
- Click on the HTML button on the editor panel. Paste
your embed code inside the editor, then click
Save. Your document should now be embedded into your
- To check how your document looks, enter student mode in order
to preview the document as the student would.