Through UB 2020, the university is steadily gaining recognition as one of the nation’s most distinctive, and most relevant, research universities.
Among our strategic goals to guide us in further enhancing our university’s stature and impact, UB is committed to:
- Building on the foundation of our faculty excellence through investing in high-impact research across the disciplines,
- Enriching the overall educational experience while raising the academic profile of our undergraduate, graduate and professional students;
- Improving academic support infrastructures to create a state-of-the-art educational and research environment;
- Enhancing faculty, staff and student diversity via focused enrollment and hiring strategies that implement best practices regarding recruitment and retention;
- Strengthening our significant international presence and preparing our students to lead in a global society;
- Deepening our impact and outreach in the regional community by strengthening programs and partnerships that contribute to the social, cultural and economic vitality of Western New York; and
- Aligning our health science schools with key partners to improve health care outcomes and advance clinical research locally and globally.