Webex provides several meeting types, all of them accommodate up to 1000 participants:
- Webex Meetings (a.k.a. Webex Meetings Pro Meeting) – a regular, scheduled meeting
- Personal Room Meeting – best for impromptu meetings, and back-to-back meetings in which the meeting host wants to remain in one meeting room for several meetings and have attendees join at different times.
- Personal Conference Meeting (a.k.a. Webex Personal Conference) – an audio-only meeting that's similar to a conference call.
See this comparison of Webex meeting types for more details.
- Webex Events (new) – an update to the classic Webex Events platform, provides a polished, professional webinar for your attendees and panelists and gives the host complete control over attendee video, audio, and chat.
- Webex Event (classic) – for anyone familiar with the classic version of Webex Events, you may continue to schedule webinars using this interface and features. Gives the host complete control over attendee video, audio, and chat.
Yes. Anyone in the world can join a Webex. Only UB faculty, staff and students can initiate a meeting.