Operating System: Windows 7 and above
Applies To: UB faculty, staff and students
Last Updated: November 27, 2017
The following steps start from https://ub.hosted.panopto.com in your browser.
1. Select Create from the pull-down in
the top Information bar.
2. Select Record a New Session.
3. If you haven't already installed the Panopto client, select your device Download Installer and follow these instructions.
4. Click Launch Panopto. The Create New
Recording window will automatically appear.
5. Choose a folder from the drop-down and enter a Name for your recording under Session Settings.
6. Under Primary Sources, choose the Video and Audio device you would like to use from the pull-down for your recording.
7. Under the Secondary Sources box, check the box for the secondary sources; Capture PowerPoint, Capture Main Screen, or Add Another Video Source such as a webcam, document camera, etc.
8. Slide the Resolution bar to set the frames per second and bit rate. Click Apply.
9. If you want to livestream your video, check Webcast. The link will be created after you hit return and display in the bottom of the recording window.
10. After selecting the available inputs, begin the recording by clicking on Record. Try the useful Hotkeys below.
11. Click Stop to stop recording content.
12. Once you choose to stop the
recording, you will be presented with the Recording Complete
dialogue box. This provides you another opportunity to rename the
recording, provide a brief description, or delete and record
13. Select Upload.
14. When processing is complete, select
Manage My Recordings to view your recording in
15. Once your recording has processed it you will receive an email from email@example.com containing the url to access your recording.