Operating System: Mac OSX versions 10.9.x and above
Applies To: UB faculty and staff. Student recording is limited to Assignments Folder only.
Last Updated: April 5, 2018
The following steps start from https://ub.hosted.panopto.com in your browser.
1. Select Create from the pull-down in the top Information bar.
2. Select Record a New Session.
3. If you haven't already installed the Panopto client, select your device Download Installer and follow these instructions.
4. The Launch Panopto window will appear, click Launch Panopto. The Record a Session window will automatically appear.
5. Enter a name for your recording (referred to as Session) under Choose folder and session name.
6. Under Primary Source, choose the Video and Audio device you would like to use from the pull-down for your recording.
7. In the Secondary Sources box in Panopto for Mac, you can choose to capture your screen, or an additional video source such as a webcam, document camera, etc. Click Secondary 2 if you wish to include two secondary sources.
8. After selecting the available inputs, begin the recording by clicking on Record. Try the useful Hotkeys below.
9. Click Stop or press the Esc key to stop recording content.
10. Once you choose to stop the recording, you will be presented with the Recording Complete dialogue box. This provides you another opportunity to rename the recording, provide a brief description, or delete and record again.
11. Select Upload.
12. When processing is complete, select Manage Online to view your recording in Panopto.
13. You will also receive an email from email@example.com containing the url to access your recording.