Operating System: Windows, Macintosh, Linux
Applies to: Faculty and Staff
Last Updated: July 16, 2019
Voice message playback, sorting and cleanup are easy with Web Inbox.
The UB Voicemail system has a Web Inbox tool to manage the contents of your mailbox from a Web browser on campus or using UBVPN and a Web browser. Web Inbox is designed for managing a large number of saved voice messages.
Log into Web Inbox, from either a desktop computer on campus or while using UBVPN, using your UBITName and UBITName password.
Web Inbox accesses your UB Voicemail box. Departmental mailboxes and those for labs or other general access areas, are not available using this tool.
The parts of the Web Inbox tool are as follows:
- The account you are logged in with
- Sign out of the Web Inbox
- View Web Inbox software license information
- Open the Messaging Assistant Web Tool in a new browser window or tab
- View and manage messages in your Inbox folder
- View and manage messages in your Deleted folder
- View and manage messages in your Sent folder
- Compose a new message
- Refresh the current page (Web Inbox does not automatically refresh)
Parts of the message area:
- Message is marked Urgent.
- Message is marked Secure.
- When you select a message in the message list, the message becomes highlighted, and additional controls are available for downloading the message audio, replying to the message, forwarding it, etc.
- When you select a forwarded message, the introduction plays. The original message appears as a separate, indented entry below the introduction.
- To download and save a message right-click on the link message.wav below the selected message and choose save link as
- Reply only to the sender.
- Reply to the sender and all recipients.
- Forward the message to another voicemail box.
- Mark the message unread.
- Play the message audio, or pause playback.
- Delete the message. (Deleted messages saved temporarily for 7 days, this action moves the message to the Deleted folder.)